Sunday, June 1, 2008

Yummy Bran Muffins!

I love these bran muffins: they are very moist and healthy! I usually can't wait for them to cool down and I eat one right away but I also freeze them. To defrost them sometimes I'll throw them in the microwave for a few seconds or I'll just take them out and let them defrost on their own, which seems to give the best result!



Recipe

1 1/2 C. Wheat Bran
1 C. Butter Milk (I used Organic Fat Free Butter Milk)
1/3 C. Vegetable oil (I used Unsweetned Apple Sauce instead)
1 Egg
2/3 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 tspn. Vanilla
1 Cup Flour (I used Whole Wheat Flour)
1 tspn. Baking Soda
1 tspn. Baking Powder
1/2 tspn. Salt
1/2 C. of Raisins or Shredded Carrots (I used carrots this time)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour the wheat bran and buttermilk into a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add the rest of the ingredients (except carrots/raisins) and mix well, the batter will be very moist. Then mix in your carrots/raisins. Pour into muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 13-17 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Allison said...

These look good. I will have to try them.