Sunday, June 8, 2008

Yummy Workshop!

This weekend my cousin and I took a Cupcake Workshop at Sur La Table. Over the winter we took a cake decorating class there and enjoyed it so we thought we would give this a shot. An added benefit for me was spending time with my cousin because I really enjoy taking classes with her and sharing our baking interest.

At the class there were 6 cupcake/frosting recipes and they divided you into 3 groups with each group making 2 different types. Some of the recipes were good, some I would change a little bit, and some were a lot of work that I am not sure I would spend the time making. They all look cute though!



Blueberry, Peanut Butter with Milk Chocolate Glaze, Strawberry Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes, Black and Whites, Blossom Topped with a Cream Cheese Frosting, Lemon Raspberry (with jam inside)



Strawberry Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Topping (Great for a kid's birthday!!)




Blueberry Cupcakes with a Maple Sugar frosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The black and white cupcake and the peanut butter with chocolate frosting cupcakes looked good, but did not pass the kid test. My daughter didn't like the chocolate frosting on the black and white cupcake (I didn't either) and you know if she doesn't finish a cupcake, that is saying something. A neighborhood kid had the peanut butter one and he threw it out. I thought the blueberry cupcakes were delicious and Rick really liked the one with the blackberry on it. I think the blueberry one would be great for the 4th of july if you add some raspberries to the decoration.

Allison (I can never get my google password to work!)

Rambler said...

I completely agree with the chocolate frosting for the black and white and would definetly use a different recipe then they gave us. The peanut butter had potential and I thought the Maple Sugar was too sugary for me!