Thursday, June 19, 2008

Craveable Quiche!

I love to bake but cooking is not my thing; however, I was recently craving my mom's famous quiche - her friends used to pay her to make them for events. It was so easy that even I could do it! The important lesson I learned from making it is that it tastes better when it sits for a few minutes - a hard lesson for me to learn because I usually can't wait to eat it! Also, warning self control can go out the window with this recipe!



Spinach Layer


Spinach and Cheese


Rt before going into the oven


Right after it came out

A Messy but Delicious Piece!

QUICHE

INGREDIENTS:
- 9' Deep Dish Pie Shell
- 6 oz. cheese - Swiss or combination of cheese (tastes best with 3 different types incl. Swiss)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 C. Light Cream OR 1 C. Heavy Cream & 1/2 C. Milk
- Salt, Nutmeg, Pepper
- Filling: Chopped Spinach and Onion (make sure dry), Shrimp, Mushroom, Broccoli, Bacon

DIRECTIONS:
- Heat oven to 375
- Put filling then cheese on the bottom of the shell
- Beat eggs, cream & spices until frothy
- Pour into pie shell
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes

NOTES:
- I only had skim milk so I used that, my mom is not a fan of the skim substitute and is a purist, but I just added a lot of extra cheese and it tasted just as good!
- My mom likes using 3 different types of white cheese - I don't care

No comments: