Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's a cookie?!?! It's a brownie?? Its a brownie cookie!

I think blogger is punishing me for being such a bad blogger!!! I wrote the post but just had to add pictures and of course was slacking; wel today I came back to add the pics and the post was gone! I get it blogspot I am a bad blogger and am not worthy! However, these cookies are totally worthy (hopefully your guinea pigs are worthy of these cookies)! One nite I decided that I was going to skip the gym thanks to some really bad shin splints and I was going to make cookies, not that I ever need an excuse to skin the gym and bake cookies but hey why not use it! I was craving something chocolate and WOWSERS this recipe was totally worth it and my guinea pigs just loved it! I added peanut butter chips to the recipe. I usually bake my cookies at the low end of the time spectrum but these needed a few extra minutes. The first day I made them I probably left them in about 11-12 minutes and they were cruncy on the outside but super soft on the inside and when I made them 2 day later I baked them for a minute or so less and they were just soft all the way around so keep your eyes on them. But this recipe is definitely a keeper! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



SOFT CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Source: All Recipes)

INGREDIENTS

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
confectioners' sugar
1 bag of peanut butter chips (optional)


DIRECTIONS

- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.

- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.(I did less than an hour)

- Roll into 1-in. balls. I used an ice cream scoop and then molded them

- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork if desired. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are firm. Remove to wire racks. Dust warm cookies with confectioners' sugar. (optional)

No comments: