Friday, January 20, 2012

All About the Desserts.....I mean Babies!

Wow I really might be the worst blogger ever! Some of it is laziness and some of it is using new recipes and then losing them! I promise to be better. In October I helped throw a baby shower for a very dear friend from college. It was wonderful because her mom, sister in law, mother in law and another college friend helped out but let me do all the desserts. I was a little nuts, what's new, and over baked way too much but everything came out great.  People asked if it was a job or a hobby, I wish it was a job but not even sure if they were that amazing. I am proud to say that not only did everything looked good but everything tasted amazing!!!!

First was Red Velvet Cupcakes with bright blue cream cheese (it's a boy!).





I also made them in mini size! Which were a big hit, less guilt and just as delicious!




I also made cheesecake pops that came out great except I did keep them in the freezer before hand so they defrosted at the party.   I made them once before with Daring Bakers but I used a different recipe this time. They were super impressive at the party and a great hit.  I stored them in large plastic cups in the freezer so this way they could stand up as they were drying.The recipe I used this time is below.                                                                                                                 





These are 3D solid chocolate baby bottles that I made out of a chocolate mold. They werent perfect but everyone loved them and I did too!







CHEESECAKE POPS
(Source: Allrecipes)

INGREDIENTS:

3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
24 lollipop sticks
10 ounces white confectioners' coating
miniature semisweet chocolate chips toasted

DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the sour cream and blend thoroughly, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the flour, vanilla and salt and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time, blending thoroughly before adding the next egg, but do not overbeat. Pour batter into a 9-inch springform pan.

- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the edges of the cake just begin to turn golden. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.

- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out round balls of cheesecake. Roll them into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Push a lollipop stick into each cheesecake ball. Place the tray in the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.

- Melt the white confectioners' coating (or semi-sweet chocolate). Dip each cheesecake pop into the melted coating. Then dip into one of the toppings. Place on waxed paper until coating is set. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator. (I store mine in the freezer)

No comments: