Thursday, August 7, 2008

Easiest and Most Delicious Chocolate Chip Cake!

This week we had a small pizza party for our interns and it was assumed that I was going to make a dessert for the party, I of course happily obliged and brought in my favorite Chocolate Chip Cake. Now this cake is actually one of my #1 requested items and I LOVE it because its so moist, not too overpowering with chocolate but just the perfect amount, and it is so simple to make. My mom always says that best desserts are the simple and not overly complicated and she is definitely right! This cake is always a huge hit and I also used it when I made my onesie cake; however, that cake seemed to sink a little bit!

So next time you need a delicious and easy cake this is definitely a winner!






CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE

DIRECTIONS:

1 pkg. Deluxe Yellow Cake Mix
4 large eggs
1 C. vegetable oil
1 C. milk
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 - 4oz bar German's Sweet Chocolate grated (grate it by throwing it in the blender)
Handful of Chocolate Chips (I use usually 2 handfuls)

DIRECTIONS:

- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour into a greased Bundt pan
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.....(50 minutes is usually enough)


SATINY CHOCOLATE GLAZE
INGREDIENTS:

3/4 C. semisweet chocolate chips
3 T. butter
1 T. light corn syrup
1/4 tspn. vanilla extract


There are two different ways to do the glaze - the official directions are first then my short cut ones are second

OFFICIAL DIRECTIONS:

- In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.
- Spread warm glaze over top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.

MY DIRECTIONS:

- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips and butter, occasionally stirring.
- After melted add corn syrup and vanilla.
- Spread warm glaze over top of cake, depending on the thickness either drizzle it or just spread it over the top and down the sides.

No comments: