Thursday, May 15, 2008

First Post First Baby Shower Cake!



For my first post I thought it was fitting that I wrote about the first cake I decorated for real. I am not one of the most creative people but I can bake well so I figured I would give it a chance and make a delicious cake that hopefully looked well for my officemate's shower. I made a Onesie Cake that was a Chocolate Chip Cake with a Buttercream Frosting.

To make the Onesie Cake - make your favorite cake in a 9x13 in. pan. After it cools cut the bottom into triangles and then add them onto the top so that the triangular cutouts from the bottom make the sleeves. I also made a slight indent on the top to get the collar look.

I have to work on my decorating skills but everyone loved it and it was definitely a different type of cake!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE your first post!! Keep up the GREAT work, sista!!