One of the things that my friend and I loved about the cookies was how well they came out. We used this great decorating method and here are the step by step instructions.
- Roll out your cookie dough. Then using a cookie cutter cut out the shapes.
- Remove the cookie impression from the dough.
- Bake your cookies according to your recipes directions and let cool completely on a rack before decorating.
- Make a batch of royal icing, thick enough to hold it’s shape when piped. Fill a decorating bag about a 1/3 full with Royal Icing. Tint with desired color or leave white. Fit with tip # 2 or 3.
- Squeeze, while outlining the edge of the cookie. After outlining the entire edge, stop at the edge of the beginning line, touch and lift This is called the dam or seam.
- Take the icing that you will use to fill in the center of your outline, add a little water to it. It needs to have a streaming not runny consistency.
- Fill the outline in with the thinned icing, using a spoon or squeeze bottle. Be generous With a spoon gently push the icing into the corners and at the points.
- Allow the icing to dry for at least 2 hours. After your cookie has had time to dry, you can add additional decorations or writing on your creation.
I had some extra sugar extra cookies so we dipped them in chocolate and served them at the shower!