Whenever I go home in the summer my parents' friends always ask/expect cookies at the beach. Thanks to the rain there were no beach days when I was home two weeks ago but I still made the cookies and dropped them off at their houses. These cookies are delicious, even for a non-snickers fan! Unfortunately, my dad got a hold of the bag of the mini snickers and ate some so with the extra dough I threw in some chocolate chips and made chocolate chip cookiea, which came out delicious!
The recipe said that it makes 2 dozen but I definetly made more then that, I don't put alot of dough around each snickers. Also, the recipe states 10-20 minutes but the problem with these cookies is that they harden up after they cool down so the key is to take them out when they are just lightly brown, I always take them out at the 10 minute mark. If need be you can put them in for a minute or two.
Snickers are ready to go!
Preparing to be covered!
Balls of dough and snickers, pre-oven!
Cookies right out of the oven!
Inside the cookie!!!
Yummy Melted Snickers!
Extra chocolate chips cookies
SNICKERS SURPRISE COOKIES
(Source: A TO Z Teacher Forums)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
24 Snickers miniature candy bars
24 servings 2 dozen
1. Preheat oven to 300 degree Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and combine thoroughly.
5. Then mix in flour mixture.
6. Cover and chill dough 2-3 hours.
7. To form cookie, scoop a tablespoon of chilled dough and flatten.
8. Place a miniature Snickers in the center and form the dough into a ball around the Snickers.
9. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 10-20 minutes.
11. Cool cookies on a rack.
12. Optional: Decorate cookies with powdered sugar or drizzled melted chocolate or both.