So Santa got me the Wilton Mini Donut Pan Set and I was trying to find reasons when and why to use it - even coming up with the idea of hosting a brunch to use it. However, I also just joined the masses and got on pinterest, and this is the first the recipe I looked up. I am definitely going to be using these pans again and I liked this recipe. I really liked that these donuts are baked. Anyone have any good donut recipes?
MINI CHOCOLATE BAKED DONUTS WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE!!!
(Source: Real Mom Kitchen)
1 3/4 cups cake flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp. corn syrup
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together cake flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. You want to get rid of any lumps of flour.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
- You can place the batter into a ziploc freezer bag and snip a small piece off the corner of the bag to create a pipping bag or just use a pipping bag OR just use 1 tablespoon of batter
- Spray your donut pan with a light coat of non-stick cooking spray. Carefully pour about 1 tablespoon of batter
- Cook the donuts for 6 minutes in the donut maker. Repeat this process until all the batter is used up.
- Place the glaze ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 second intervals, stirring after each one until the ingredients are all melted and combined well. This will take about 3 – 20 second intervals.
- Dip top half of donuts in glaze and place on a baking sheet to allow glaze to set. Sprinkle with sprinkles if desired right after dipping.