Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Simply Devine Truffles!

My admin at work made these fantastic truffles so ofcourse I had to get the recipe and add them to my Christmas Cookie box! These were sooooooooo simple and absolutely delicious. I made two batches one regular batch with white chocolate melted and sprinkled on top. With the second batch I couldn't resist adding some peppermint extract, I love anything with peppermint and chocolate and these came out sensational.

When I did the second part and coated them in the chocolate I melted the chocolate in batches and one time I didn't need all the squares and another time I used all. So I recommend just doing them in 4 to 6 squares at a time.







SIMPLY SENSATIONAL TRUFFLES
(Source: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/simply-sensational-truffles-107529.aspx)

INGREDIENTS:

2-1/2 pkg. (20 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 tsp. peppermint extract (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

- MELT 8 chocolate squares. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Blend in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm.
- SHAPE into 36 balls. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- MELT remaining chocolate. Use fork to dip truffles; return to baking sheet. Decorate, then refrigerate 1 hour.

1 comment:

Maria said...

The truffles look great. So rich and chocolaty! YUM!