Thursday, February 28, 2013

Touchdown!

On Superbowl Sunday, to go with the Red Velvet Cupcakes I made Oreo Truffle Footballs. They looked like footballs until I got tired and just started dunking them in chocolate without a care in the world (and eyes half shut). I made some royal icing 9and 1/3 of the recipe) to make some "laces" for the footballs.  These came out bigger than I thought they were going to be so instead of going on the cupcakes I just put them in a bowl.  I am not really an Oreo fan; however, these were AMAZING and a huge hit so definitely will be made again!





OREO TRUFFLES
(Source: Kraft)


INGREDIENTS:





DIRECTIONS:

- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor (I used a blender and did it in batches); reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. (Don't need to seperate them if making footballs)
- Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
-  I melted the chocolate in the microwave in batches; a mug was super helpful for diping the balls in chocolate. Place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
 - Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.



No comments: